History of Dent Design & Hardware
|In 1894, three men formed Dent Hardware Co. in Newark,
New Jersey and shortly after moved to Fullerton, PA. The partners
were Mr. Kaiser, Mr. Newhard and Mr. Dent, grandfather of the founder of
They ran a very successful company and during the 1920's were the nations leading manufacturer of refrigeration 'Ice Boxes'. The company was also a major manufacturer of iron children's toys. At it's peak in the 1920's, Dent Hardware Co. employed over 400 people.
In 1955, the Dent's sold out to the Newhards and founded Dent Manufacturing Inc. in Northampton, PA. The manufacturing facility was built in three stages, during 1956, 1960 and 1962, growing to it's a size of 22,000 square feet.
Dent Manufacturing Inc. was owned and managed by Henry H. Dent and William Swope, a pattern maker and owner of Swope & Bartholomew Pattern Shop.
In 1972, Douglas Dodge of Syracuse, NY joined Dent Manufacturing in an engineering position and became General Manager in 1975.
In 1985, Henry Dent sold Dent Manufacturing to the Dodge Family and a small portion of the company to several employee and supplier stockholders.
In 2007, Dent Manufacturing restructured the company under the name Dent Design Hardware.
In 2009, Dent Design Hardware revamped its online shopping platform. Customers can find and buy hinges, handles, magnetic door hardware, pull handles, latches, traps, ventilators, and related accessories -- all from their computer! [Visit: DentHardware.com]
© Copyright 2009 - Dent Design Hardware